COVID-19 POLICY 2020
1. Purpose of Policy
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently and to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
2. Scope of Policy
This policy applies to all Place UK Ltd and Phaseolus Ltd employees, irrespective of job level, role or hours worked.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
Place UK Ltd recognises that it has a legal and moral obligation to protect its employee from exposure to the Covid-19 virus whilst in their care. To meet with these obligations the company is constantly reviewing work practices against the latest Government and other professional advice. This information is used to complete an assessment of current control procedures on site and direct the business to further best practice processes.
4. Vulnerable People
Any employees identified as being within this definition has and will be advised to self-isolate by following the Government Guidelines.
5. Working from Home
When it is possible, employees are required to work from home. This has been supported by the issuing of hardware and software upgrades to those that can work remotely.
6. Working on Site
Where roles require a physical presence on site this has been minimised by using rotation of employees or intermittent visits. For those on site, Place UK will separate employees where ever possible and when this cannot be achieved other protective measures will be followed.
The basis of control relies on employees self-isolating when they feel ill and a high standard of hygiene whilst working. This is communicated on a regular basis.
7. Internal Communication
Advice on how to protect our employees is communicated through various channels to advise and provide links to guidelines and protocols as suggested by the UK Government and NHS. Regular updates and changes are communicated by internal email and displayed on Company noticeboards.
Our current business status remains unchanged and business is as usual, however the health and safety of our employees, customers and visitors is our priority and we continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis.
8. External Communications
Both our Place UK Ltd and Phaseolus Ltd websites have been updated with a COVID-19 business update for our customers.
All visits are limited to essential pre-arranged appointments only.
10. Training, Induction and Development
Essential training is permitted but the social isolation requirements must be maintained. This will necessarily limit session numbers.
Mental Health first aiders are available for support and appropriate responses and advise has been circulated to the extended team.
Regular wellbeing emails are circulated to all employees to offer support including online courses on how to manage concerns relating to the virus and/or support for those working from home.
The Company offers an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for all employees that wish to discuss concerns relating to personal matters such as (but not limited to) stress, anxiety, money problems, debt and relationship concerns. The scheme has been communicated to all employees through email, posters displayed on noticeboards and highlighted during the Company Induction for new employees.
Good hygiene practices are a fundamental requirement of the food industry. Extra sanitation and hygiene stations have been distributed across the business and employees are encouraged to use these regularly.
Employees should continue to;
- Ensure that hands are washed after using the toilet, before eating and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule).
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your co-workers and take extra precautionary measures.
13. Precautionary Measures
In line with guidance from the UK Government and World Health Organisation, on the prevention of the spread of the virus, we have been putting precautionary safety measures in place including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring employee sickness ensuring employees are aware of symptoms to look out for
- Ensuring employees self- isolate who have or are living with someone that has shown symptoms of the virus
- Educating our employee on prevention and ensuring updates to government guidance are communicated in a timely manner
- Highlighting to all, the guidelines for frequent and proper handwashing
- Providing additional hand sanitisers across site
- Following government advise any employee showing cold/flu like symptoms will for 7 days self-isolate/work from home.
- All office employees are working from home wherever possible
- A register of all precautionary activities has been compiled and is regularly updated
- Consider additional risk to employees who work off site for contracted works
For all employees that remain on site:
- All employees are encouraged to keep washing their hands on a regular basis.
- We have implemented a ‘no handshake’ policy for all employee.
- All employees will adhere to the ‘two metre’ rule to distance themselves where possible.
14. Managing Personal Masks
For those who wear a protective mask to commute to work, Place UK Ltd requires that staff follow the following requirements;
Masks must be removed and rendered safe before entering site.
- Were it is possible staff must leave the mask in their car or in the accommodation.
- Safe condition may be achieved by placing the mask in a sealed container or sealable plastic bag. This must then be placed in a bag for storage.
- Hands must be then washed for 20 seconds as described by the WHO
- Under no circumstances can masks be left so that others may touch them.
For protection in the workplace, local rules must be followed as personnel masks will not be permitted.